You are here
Center for Health Sciences, Early Childhood, and Human Services
Educating Healthcare Professionals for the 21st Century
For the first time in its 60-year history 皇冠线上官网 Community College will soon have a home of its own. The construction of the 68,500 square foot, state-of-the-art 皇冠线上官网 Center for Health Science, Early Childhood, and Human Services is now underway! The grand opening is anticipated in the summer of 2023. The Center will be a central regional pipeline of trained health care workers, early childhood educators, and human services professionals.
The new Center emerged from the College’s strategic plan and is aligned with the Massachusetts Governor’s Regional Workforce Task Force. Among the goals for the Center are:
- Skills Cabinet Greater Boston Workforce: Close workforce gaps in Health Science
- Commissioner of Early Education & Care: Increase and strengthen the early childhood workforce
- Board of Higher Education: equity and college access
- Local economic development: improving opportunity for low-income and underrepresented populations
Providing Opportunities & Equity
Located in downtown Framingham, the new Center will serve a community of which 40% are identified as economically disadvantaged, 50% for which English is a second language, and 48% identify as persons of color.
The Center enables 皇冠线上官网 to expand training and educational opportunities in good paying jobs primarily in health care for communities that need it most.
- The Center will be four stories and will be located on the corner of Mt. Wayte and Franklin Avenue.
- Funding for the construction is being provided by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and through the generous support of donors.
- Lead advocates for the project include Governor Charlie Baker and Massachusetts Senate President Karen Spilka.
- The design architect is Sasaki, out of Watertown, MA.
New Simulation Labs and Equipment to Be Located at the Center
- Central Processing Technology (sterilization)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ultrasound)
- Emergency Medical Technicians*
- Medical Assisting and Phlebotomy*
- Paramedicine (training in residential and ambulance settings)*
- Surgical Technology (handling of sterilized instruments in operating rooms)
- Virtual Reality (advanced computerized technology)
- Computerized Simulation (advanced cardiac life support, trauma management)
- Crash Carts and IV Pumps
- Computerized Control Room (for creating, monitoring, manipulating, and video recording simulator/student scenarios)
- Active X-Ray Room
- Central Sterile/Surgical Tech Classroom
- Physical & Digital Repository
* Involves use of high-fidelity simulators – mannequins that breathe and have heart tones and palpable pulses.
This webpage will be updated as the project progresses.
For more information, please contact Jeremy Solomon, Associate Vice President for Advancement, Marketing, and Communications, at email@example.com.
“It has been a long-standing priority of mine to establish a permanent 皇冠线上官网 campus in Framingham. After advocating for it for several years, I am thrilled that money is being allocated. This investment in 皇冠线上官网’s allied health facility in Framingham is an important step in our continued work to bolster health and life sciences education in MetroWest, and in shoring up a vital institution of higher education in our region.”
— Senate President Karen E. Spilka [D-Ashland]
“The programs being housed in this building are transformative for our students. They lead directly into jobs, and good paying jobs too, mostly in the health care industry. The real goal for this project is to enhance our ability at 皇冠线上官网 to help people move into more stable and rewarding careers, and ultimately to improve lives.”
— 皇冠线上官网 President David Podell